Monday, July 13, 2009

Rain, rain, go away....

It's rained quite a bit this spring, more than I've ever seen while living in Utah. The storms occasionally reminded me of the rain storms we'd get in Pennsylvania. (FYI: Utah drivers do NOT know how to drive in the sheeting rain....OMG!!). Anyway, on May 25 I was casually do laundry. Aaron usually does it, but I thought I'd help out. I was getting laundry out of the washing machine and putting it in the dryer. I thought I felt something splash on my arm. I looked around a little and thought that was weird; the clothes I was putting in the dryer weren't that wet. A few seconds later I felt another slight splash. I was a little curious, but couldn't figure out what it was. My brain finally started working, and I looked up. Drip, drip, drip, drip. Yep, the ceiling in my laundry room was leaking. Dang rain!!

This is what the ceiling looked like after Aaron took a look to see how much damage their was.

I know it's not really a huge hole, but I had just decided it was time to sell my house. Murphy's law, of course. The next day, Aaron got on the roof to take a look at the damage. Luckily, it was just coming in from some vent thing on the roof (yep, I'm real technical like).


Austin got up on the roof to see what Dad was doing. They put some black goo around the vent with the hope it would seal up the leak.

Of course, Aaron realized once he was on the roof that the shingles were in really bad shape. Ok, time for a new roof. Glad Aaron's handy with stuff like that. The only downfall...the rain fall. It rained for the next 6 or so weekends after that. Geesh....Now it's July and sunny. The leak has been fixed and the roof is almost done. Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment