Monday, July 13, 2009

Funny stuff

My mom told me I need to stop spending so much time on Facebook and work on my blog. Geez, ya think she would want to see pictures of her grandkids or something. Just move out to Utah, Mom, and you can see them all the time!!

Funny story: Tasha showed up on my doorstep a couple of weeks ago with some shampoo for Abbie. She and Jim had bought a 4-pack of Suave kids shampoo at Sam's Club, and my brother refused to use the pink Fairy Berry Strawberry shampoo on his boys. Oh yes, I laughed and laughed. He grew up as the only boy with 5 sisters...I think he's scarred for life!! By the way, Andrew loves that pink shampoo!

Whenever my nephew, Landon, comes over, he has to get into my cupboards (mine aren't baby proofed). My kids think it's fun to climb in there with him too. Andrew's so nice, he even pulls the buckets of flour out so they'll all fit. :)


Abbie is a daddy's girl, no doubt about it. Her favorite thing to do is mow the lawn with him. Now, usually toddlers are afraid of the mower because it's so noisy. Not my Abbie. She's not afraid of anything. She fearlessly clings to her dad's shaved head, and enjoys the ride!

Yep, she loves it!

Andrew got a soccer medal at his last soccer game. He's so proud of it. I thought I'd better get a picture of it because I bet ya he has no idea where it is now!

Abbie's middle name is Irene, so named after my grandma. I have memories of going into my grandma's closet and looking at her rows of shoes and trying them on. Yes, my grandmother has a shoe fetish. I believe this has been passed on to Abbie, so she I named her appropriately. If she's not putting on her own shoes, she's putting on whatever shoes she can find laying around. Heck, sometimes she'll have on two shoes (that usually don't match) and be carrying around three or more other shoes. Then she'll sit down and switch the shoes on her feet. Maybe I should try to get her interested in hats to cover up her almost bald head...

No comments:

Post a Comment