Sunday, July 19, 2009

Andrew's "real" birthday

We had Andrew's "real" birthday at Willow Park. Parties at the park are so easy! The kids played on the playground until everyone got there. Then it was time for cake. Andrew picked out a Scooby Doo cake.


He agreed that he was 5 after he blew the candles out. Kids make me laugh. I wonder where they come up with this stuff!


After everyone ate cake, I surprised Andrew with water balloons. The kids were very excited about that. Aaron seemed to be the main target.

The only people Andrew wanted to invite to his party were his cousins. I kept asking if he wanted to invite some of the neighbors or his friends from daycare, but he kept saying no. Funny kid.

After his party, we walked around Willow Park Zoo. It's a tiny zoo, but the kids have fun when we go.

My nephew, Patrick, is 12. For the last few years, it's been my mission to kiss him whenever I see him. He doesn't like it so he fights me. I have to do it while I can, because he'll be bigger and stronger than me pretty soon. Andrew's birthday party was no exception. He put up a good fight, but I got him to the ground and pinned him. His mom thought it was so funny, she took a picture.

MWAHHH!!

1 comment: