Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Break...Day 6

Today was a nice, lazy day. We packed a lot into the last 5 days, and I'm worn out. It was nice to have a day with no big plans. The highlight of my day was a trip to Dunkin Donuts...yeah!!!! I grew up with Dunkin Donuts and absolutely love them. Unfortunately, there aren't any in Logan or the surrounding areas. When I go back to Pennsylvania to visit, I pig out on them (and the real Italian pizza and hoagies and Tastycakes...no wonder I always gain so much weight when I visit!). Walking into Dunkin Donuts took me back to my childhood...the smell, the excitement, the decision making.

Yum, yum, yum. Yep, I ate three. My kids love them as much as I do, but there's no nostalgia associated with the donuts like there is with me. We made a big powdered sugar mess. Thank goodness for housekeeping!

After gorging ourselves on donuts, we went swimming. Thought maybe we could burn off some calories. It's an outside pool, so I think we burned off some calories between the swimming and the shivering. We showered and headed off the the movies.

This was a fun movies. Lots of laughs and a lesson too. We all enjoyed it.


After the laughs, we went to the arcade and let the kids play for a while. Then off to our room for some rest and relaxation. We ordered pizza and did nothing for a while...until the kids complained about being bored. So off to the bowling alley for a couple games. I was kinda tired, so I was the official Abbie chaser while the others played. Afterward, it was my favorite time of the day...bedtime!! I ran to the gas station to get some milk for Abbie's bottle, then we put the kids to bed. Wow. It's quiet now. Aaron and Ashley are watching tv while I blog.

I'm not quite sure what we're going to do tomorrow. I'm all for heading home. It's been a really fun vacation, but I'm getting tired of hotels and living out of suitcases. I miss my own home and my bed. I know we won't be able to make it home tomorrow, but we should be there on Saturday sometime. It will be nice to be home. I'm looking forward to Monday when the kids go back to school and daycare and I have the day off. I'll be able to enjoy a nice, quiet house...

No comments:

Post a Comment