Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Partying at home

Saturday night, we had the whole family over for dinner and cake & ice cream. I've noticed we tend to hibernate in the winter, so I don't see much of my family. I forgot how much fun (chaotic) it is to have everyone over to my home to eat, hang out, and let the kids play. Saturday was the perfect day for it. It actually felt like spring outside, so the kids spent most of the time outside playing. We even had them eat outside. Of course, I don't think there was much eating going on. I kept seeing kids running around and balls going everywhere. At least they saved room for cake and ice cream.

I did forget to buy candles. So, Austin found a 7 and a single candle and said we could just add those together and get 8. Funny kid. That's what we did.





After most of the family left, we played Phase 10 with Vicky and Sean. That's kind of a tradition in our family. I don't think we've played since New Year's Eve (yes, another tradition), so it was definitely time for a game. Aaron won by default. We got tired of playing, and he was on the highest phase. We'll have to start earlier next time!

Austin said he had a good birthday. Now, we're looking forward to his baptism in May. He and his cousin, Grace, will be getting baptized on the same day. I think we've got it worked out so that Austin can get baptized in her stake so family won't have to choose between the two. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment