Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break...Day 2

We got off to an early start Sunday morning to head to Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. This really is a beautiful state. I've lived here almost 15 years, and haven't really seen much of it. Arches was amazing. I can't believe some of the rock formations we saw. I wish I knew how some of these were created.

The kids were really excited to get out and look around. I didn't realize how huge the park is. There are lots of scenic overlooks to stop at.

Austin pretending he's going to jump over the edge.

These are the three gossips.

This was my favorite site...Balanced Rock. I just think it's absolutely amazing. How the heck does that stay up there?!! I was awed by this.



The Fiery Furnace.


There were a bunch of these old, curly trees laying around. I think they're pretty cool. Andrew was the only one who would pose by one for me.


Delicate Arch. This is the arch on the Utah license plates. We originally wanted to hike up to it and walk around like the people in the photo, but the parking lot was packed. So we went further up the road, and hiked to an overlook of it. That hike wore the boys out, so they certainly didn't want to walk the mile and a half to the arch.


I don't remember what arch this is. I just remember that Ashley and Austin didn't want to get out of the car to come look at it. It was the last one we looked at before we headed out.

Abbie spent most of the day on her daddy's shoulders.

Austin and Abbie were intrigued by the metal statues at the Visitor's Center. I don't think Abbie really knew what to make of them, but she had fun inspecting them with Austin.


We spent about 3 hours at Arches National Park. I would definitely recommend seeing it if you're in the area. If the kids were older, we could have easily spent all day hiking around to see everything.

After leaving the park, we headed south. We ended up staying the night in Cortez, Colorado. Not much to see there (or worth seeing), but it's close to Four Corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment