Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun Run

Today was the Fun Run put on by Logan City School District. All the 4th and 5th grade students from 6 elementary schools get together to run. I haven't had a 4th/5th grader in Logan School District before, so I didn't know much about it (Ashley was in Cache County School District in elementary school, so we missed out on this with her). All I knew was that Austin was excited about it, but he didn't tell me I should come to it.

I got a call this morning from the secretary at Ellis this morning and learned that Austin won first place in his heat. So I headed over to Adams Park for the awards ceremony. The streets were blocked off, there were hundreds of 4th and 5th graders everywhere and each school was wearing a different colored t-shirt. That's when I realized that the Fun Run is a BIG deal for the kids.



The 4th grade boys ran in 3 heats. Austin was the winner of his heat. His good friend, Tristen, came in 2nd place.


Austin got a gold medal and Tristen got silver.



He was pretty excited about winning.





Yep, I'm proud of my goofy kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment